Owner's Representative Services for Luxury Home Construction and Renovation
If an owner is unfamiliar with the homebuilding or remodel process, or doesn't have the time to closely manage a construction project, the potential for cost overruns and disputes greatly increases.
- Serve as an objective, experienced ADVOCATE to advance the Owner's best interests.
- Advise Owners on retention of the best qualified and appropriate project team.
- Bridge the knowledge gap and communication between the Owner and professional service providers.
- Manage (with the absolute input of the design team) the bid process and contract negotiations to obtain the most cost-effective build without impacting quality.
- Reduce overall project costs. Savings include enhanced competitive bidding, contract negotiation, value engineering, reduced change orders, reduction in time, and elimination of unnecessary scope and costs.
- Centralize communication with the team members to fully and seamlessly integrate all participants.
- Provide realistic and reliable budgets targeting the most cost-effective outcome.
- Optimize and accelerate the design and construction schedule.
- Provide cost-effective document controls, including contract negotiation, management of payment applications and lien waivers, insurance review, and substantiation of invoices of all project participants to ensure correctness.
We optimize relationships with owners
We optimize relationships with architects
The project architect is frequently the first stop for an owner. Oftentimes, an owner looks to the architect to identify a general contractor. If there is a dispute between the owner and the general contractor during the relationship, it can reflect poorly on the architect and damage relationships with both parties.
Through ADVOCATE’s involvement, the selection of the general contractor is simplified, with the input and suggestions of the architect, and the potential for dispute is greatly reduced. ADVOCATE’s processes and procedures also ensure that any changes to the plans are done in a timely and orderly fashion with the architects input, minimizing inefficient and costly revisions.
We optimize relationships with contractors
ADVOCATE’s bid process focuses on transparency, identifying bid categories with precision, and tailoring work items to the owner’s preferences (allowances). Each bidder plays on a level field. All bids are “apples to apples.” Contractors no longer deal with other contractors who knowingly omit elements they intend to later request by change order. Contractors and homeowners achieve predictability, which in turn creates efficiencies that reduce build time and costs.